Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Laptop Screen

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Bill Strosberg wrote:
I've known Francis for more than ten years - and this certainly was not
a personal attack.  The Linux Doctor has consciously and publicly chosen
to bring his strong and unshakable faith to the forefront as part of his
personality and on-line persona.

[...]

I'm not sure where this need to be list police has come from lately.
First Richard gets lectured on etiquette this week, and now I'm getting
lessons.  When Randall, Richard, Andrew, Vic, Burns, Mike and Dave (and
myself) formed OCLUG the intention was a place on-line where personal
and friendly interaction between professionals could occur.

I guess we were wrong.  I'll henceforth reserve my knowledge, experience
and thoughts for those that pay.

Bill, why don't you just make a more liberal use of smilies?

Written material can easily look much more harsh than intended, and it's always good to add a few clues to act like tone of voice.

I've noticed a trend in a number of lists/blogs I read lately to become extra-contentious (perhaps it's the humidex) and your posting fit right into that style, even though you didn't mean it that way.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted
for insight and understanding." -- Marshall McLuhan