Re: [OCLUG-Tech] any interest in a local kernel programmingspecialinterest group?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] any interest in a local kernel programmingspecialinterest group?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:25:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 11 May 2011, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:30, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca> wrote:
> >  just to make sure folks understand what i'm proposing (and i suspect
> > there will be a few more posts as i nail this down), i'm not looking
> > (at least not yet) at starting an official group with a charter and
> > mission statement or anything of the sort.
>
> As Alan pointed out, that's more fun. :-)
>
> I am very much interested in the idea.  I hope that I can fit it
> into my schedule.
>
> I'd suggest that you use something like doodle.com to create a poll
> and see what day/time works for people.

  heh.  at the risk of sounding self-serving, since i'm doing this
partly for *my* benefit, i'm going to try scheduling around *my*
schedule. :-)  so here's a preliminary proposal.

  because it worked well in calgary, i'm going to start these things
off immediately after work hours downtown -- say, 5 pm or slightly
thereafter, at the code factory, so interested parties can wander over
from wherever they work.  obviously, this will pretty much disqualify
anyone who works out in the west end (or, as i like to call it,
saskatchewan).

  i assume no one wants to do this on a friday so it will be
restricted to monday thru thursday.  and as i'm off teaching in
florida next week, i'll schedule it for the week after that.  so ...
i'm going to go with monday, may 23.

  i don't have a topic yet but there's lots of time for that.  the
code factory officially closes at 5 pm but as long as i'm there before
then, i can buzz people in.  and i always have enough work with me so
if no one shows, i'll just keep on working.

  anyway, let's start there.  monday, may 23, between 5 and 5:15 pm at
the code factory.  geeky kernel programming topic to be discussed
between now and then.  because if i don't pick a date and time now, it
just won't happen.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca