Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 06:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] any interest in a local kernel programming
specialinterest group?
To: Ottawa Linux Users Group <linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>

  is there any interest in a small group focused on linux kernel
programming that would want to meet on a regular or occasional basis
in downtown ottawa and hash out selected areas of interest in kernel
programming?

  while i make part of my living teaching kernel programming and basic
device drivers, there are many times when i'm looking at a new feature
(or an old feature i'd never seen before) and thought, "how the
&#$%@*^$% does *that* work?"  and i can tediously puzzle through it,
or i can get together with like-minded individuals somewhere within
walking distance of where i live and rely on the fact that *someone*
will know how it works and can explain it.

Thanks,
   Allan Fields
   Ottawa, On