Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Waterloo ISP

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Steve La Rocque wrote:

I too use a dry loop through teksavvy locally in Ottawa and have had no
complaints until recently.

They changed their "Terms of Service"/"Privacy Policy", etc. from 10K of
legalese text to 100K of legalese text.  To me, that's an abuse and I'm
looking for alternatives that don't require an uninformed consent or a
law degree.

There was a recent and long discussion about this in the TekSavvy forum at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavvy, with Rocky Gaudrault, Chief Executive Officer participating.

Basically, they used a consultant who boilerplated from another ISP's terms (a sharp forum member noticed that) and there is rework being done on it. It was acknowledged not to have been the best exercise or outcome.

Technically and price-wise though, they are good.

Agreed. And fairly responsive and accountable. And what other ISP has a CEO participating in forums regularly, and where people are complaining? What other ISP would even have any kind of forum discussion on their Terms at all?

TekSavvy customers might want to add your comments to the forum, or PM TekSavvy CEO Rocky directly.

Brett