Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Beware: Do not let the guys from "tech support" on your computer

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Beware: Do not let the guys from "tech support" on your computer
  • From: Garth Boyd <garth [ at ] fios-software [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:37:50 -0400
When I received this call, call-display shows "123-456-7890". I also noticed
that when I answered I heard a ringing tone which means to me at least that
they had a dial out mechanism to further cover their tracks.

They seem to be going systematically through the 613 area at the moment, a
type of war dialling fishing attack trying to scam the unsuspecting. Yet
another reason to not answer your phone.

- Garth