[OCLUG-Tech] Beware: Do not let the guys from "tech support" on your computer

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Beware: Do not let the guys from "tech support" on your computer
  • From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:09:06 -0400
I just got a call from someone from "tech support" that insisted my computer had a virus that was flooding the net with messages. Which is very strange since I do my own tech support. They also did not name the company they were working for. When I told them I was running Linux, they hung up.

This is an obvious scam, so if you get a call, don't let them on your computer.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

Confusion is the first step of understanding.

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.