Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux-based shared hosting?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux-based shared hosting?
  • From: Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:14:15 +0000
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 20:01, Martin Settle <martin [ dot ] settle [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:
> ( on a side note, ncftp is a fantastic command-line ftp
> client, allowing recursive transfers, which are critical for any slightly
> complex website).

On a side side note, try lftp... it beats the pants off ncftp.

Amongst my favorite lftp features:
 - http and sftp protocol support
 - backgroundable jobs (multiple jobs in one lftp session)
 - lftp has a very cool mirror feature
 - lftp uses readline, which is far better than the homegrown ncftp editor

There are probably other enhancements I take for granted because I
switched away from ncftp years ago.

-Bart