[OCLUG-Tech] Authoritative-only DNS Server?

Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations for an authoritative-only DNS server to replace Bind on my virtual server slice. Bind is over-kill for my needs, which is just to serve authoritative records for my domains (with traffic at only dozens per day) and places too much of a demand on my small slice. I know I could get DNS from a third party, but I like having complete control.

My requirements include Debian packages, FOSS, small memory footprint and a good security record. An ability to read Bind zone files would be a bonus.

I've done some googling and am following a few leads, but most reviews focus on performance rather than on minimizing footprint.

BTW, my search for a new VPS service provider continues, slowly, and I'll send an update when I make some progress.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael