Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Authoritative-only DNS Server?

I use http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
Which seems to be in debian experimental for some reason.. maybe the
5->6 switch. (it was in testing or stable before).  It doesn't use
bind zone files however.  As too footprint:

USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
Gdnslog   1559  0.0  0.0   3868   432 ?        S    Feb08   0:00
multilog t ./main
105       1560  0.0  0.0   3844   380 ?        S    Feb08   0:00
/usr/bin/tinydns

dnsmasq is based upon djbdns.  Tried it once and promptly deleted it
and went back to djbdns.  I guess I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

even if you do not choose djbdns, check out the website for other
info.  There is a decent chance of finding useful info there.

Re: PVS, I've tried vpsville.ca and linode.  vpsville doesn't provide
swap enabled kernels so if you compile from source, look into distcc.
linode was nice while I needed the machine.  YMMV of course.

-Phil