Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] I'm in the market for Linux training work in Ottawa

I am in the boat as you guys are. I have been looking for work since June/July. I am at the point that going I moving Out west to look for work or contracts. I was almost thinking that OCLUG should have a section on the website for people looking for work and small contracts. The have a Job section but they do not have lists of consultants. what do you guys think of this.

Jeff

From: "Glenn Henshaw" <thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com>
To: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
Cc: "Ottawa Linux Users Group" <linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:46:28 PM
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] I'm in the market for Linux training work in Ottawa

Having just done the opposite (I'm moving from Ottawa to Waterloo later this year), I used the following strategy:

1) Look for companies that you want to work for and see if they are hiring. There are a few training organizations here (Learning Tree). There are a number of smaller companies that also train, or do training as a side line after selling hardware.
2) The big job sites allow you to tailor the search by the city. I was getting 3 or 4 emails a day with lists of positions.
3) Business networking sites also carry a number of jobs (Linked-In comes to mind).

Good luck with your search.
... Glenn

--
Glenn Henshaw Ottawa, Canada