Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] I'm in the market for Linux training work in Ottawa

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] I'm in the market for Linux training work in Ottawa
  • From: Glenn Henshaw <thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:46:28 -0500
  Having just done the opposite (I'm moving from Ottawa to Waterloo later this year), I used the following strategy:

1) Look for companies that you want to work for and see if they are hiring. There are a few training organizations here (Learning Tree). There are a number of smaller companies that also train, or do training as a side line after selling hardware.
2) The big job sites allow you to tailor the search by the city. I was getting 3 or 4 emails a day with lists of positions.
3) Business networking sites also carry a number of jobs (Linked-In comes to mind).

  Good luck with your search.
   ... Glenn

--
Glenn Henshaw              Ottawa, Canada
Email: thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com