Re: [OCLUG-Tech] CD for library via C4C

Hi Rob,

For the library project, OCLUG has teamed up with Computers for
Communities (C4C).  As a first step, we contributed some of the Ubuntu
and Kubuntu CDs sent to us by Linux Fund.  Dave Sampson of C4C has
been spearheading the library project and handling the logistics from
his end.  He was kind enough to print and affix OCLUG and C4C stickers
to the CDs, to provide users with resources and help publicize our
groups.  The OCLUG Board will be discussing how we might arrange to
have a regular supply of CDs from Linux Fund (or elsewhere), and
furnish a portion of these to C4C and the library on an ongoing basis.

There has been some interest, put forward by Jean-François Messier and
others, about creating a customized liveCD as you are working on here.
 If we decide to go this route for the future, perhaps we could work
with C4C to create a final product that would meet the needs of both
groups, so as to preserve the benefits of partnership.

I've tried several burning applications over the years, and
consistently found K3B to be the most reliable and easy to use, IMHO.

Cheers,
Lisa