[OCLUG-Tech] CD for library via C4C

Hi
After the last meeting some of us discussed that OCLUG might provide a CD for
C4C to provide via the Ottawa Public Library.
I am willing to muck about with an ISO, but would like some input.

1) Tools:
I have looked at Wikipedias page on tools for modifying ISOs, and concluded that
K3B would work for me.
So I downloaded it today, and will try it. Any better suggestions?

2) Dialup
However, I recall that Eric had problems with Ubuntu and dialup.
Does anyone have experience with a distro that you can just
- install on your computer,
- set the phone number, username, password
- plug in the phone cord
And it will work?

How about Mint? It's derived from Ubuntu, or at least the main variant is.
Suggestions?
How about Fedora? Anyone know?

3) Pictures
- A shout out to the Linux Photography SIG here!
- Desktop picture(s)
  - for when you boot up as a live CD, and maybe for the default image when you
log in the first time.
- Anything else?
If you provide a JPG, with added text and stuff, please let me have the GIMP
file as well, with text and overlays on different layers, so I can make minor
tweaks if needed.
- 16 x10, 16x9, and 4x3 ratios are probably all useful, which leads to the minor
tweaks I mentioned.
-

 --
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.