Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Software Freedom Day

Announcement:

Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/)

What and Why

>From the official website:

"Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a worldwide celebration of Free and
Open Source Software (FOSS). Our goal in this celebration is to
educate the worldwide public about the benefits of using high quality
FOSS in education, in government, at home, and in business -- in
short, everywhere! The non-profit organization Software Freedom
International coordinates SFD at a global level, providing support,
giveaways and a point of collaboration, but volunteer teams around the
world organize the local SFD events to impact their own communities."

In celebration and promotion of this event, a plan is in the works for
OCLUG to do a demonstration of FOSS and/or an installfest.

When

18 September, 2010 - tentative timeframe 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., to be
extended if necessary based on attendance

Where

Tentative: Umi Café

How you can help

I've created a wiki page to provide more information and help
coordinate our efforts.  There are a number of ways you can help even
if you can't attend, such as creating or posting flyers, providing CDs
or OCLUG brochures for us to bring, or helping to coordinate. Please
have a look if you're interested in helping and add your name to the
volunteer list.  Thanks!
http://devel.oclug.on.ca/wiki/SoftwareFreedomDay2010

Cheers,
Lisa