Re: [OCLUG-Tech] email filtering and postfix.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:51:36AM -0400, Peter Sjoberg wrote:

> Depends on a few things, how many accounts for a start.

It is for a home setup. I should have specified that.

> I'm running postfix with procmail as a global filter.

This is the direction I was originally going. I will use the dovecot
MDA because I am already using Dovecot for imap/pop and SASL auth. I
have nothing against procmail except that I find the syntax terribly
cryptic.

> Of course the issue is that then all rules are on my client side and
> if I change reader or so all rules are lost. (anyone know of
> something better here)

The Seive language and ManageSeive protocol is designed to allow
clients write filter rules on the server. (I am hardly an expert I
just starting reading about it.)

http://sieve.info/

Server side support looks good, but there do not seem to be many
clients that support it.

--
sg