Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [Fwd: Re]Linux driver?]

Printer works fine with Ubuntu Karmic without additional driver. Scan function is the problem and always was the nuisance. The print driver on the CD with the device worked, but scanning didn't until we worked with the downloaded one. There were, however, lots of permission, ownership and similar issues to fix manually. openprinting generally is fairly quiet about these extra functions, but indeed I had looked there.

JN

Charles MacDonald wrote:
Prof. John C Nash wrote:
Thought Linuxers may want to let out a "boo" for Samsung.

When we got the SCX 4521F Multifunction printer/fax/scanner there was a Linux driver on CD. Didn't work. But one off the Samsung site did (thanks to Dmitri and Nataliya Korovkin's help). But now the Samsung site has not Linux files.

Have you tried the OpenPrinting forums?
http://forums.openprinting.org/list.php?31

Searching the openprinting org site they show that printer as "partly working" but not in foomatic
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-SCX-4x21

The only Samsung driver they show is
http://openprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=splix