[OCLUG-Tech] [Fwd: Re]Linux driver?]

Thought Linuxers may want to let out a "boo" for Samsung.

When we got the SCX 4521F Multifunction printer/fax/scanner there was a Linux driver on CD. Didn't work. But one off the Samsung site did (thanks to Dmitri and Nataliya Korovkin's help). But now the Samsung site has not Linux files.

With move of my wife to new machine (Asus 1005HA) needed to install drivers. Ubunut Karmic could get the print function to fire fine, but scanner not working. Tried the CD drivers and copies of what I thought were downloaded files. No joy. Fortunately there is a fellow at U Wisconsin with some debian packages, though they are not fully automatic installs.

I sent a msg to Samsung. Here is the (non-) reply. This is second Samsung support failure. Their h/w seems OK, but s/w. No thanks.

JN