Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [Fwd: Re]Linux driver?]

2009/12/22 Prof. John C Nash <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>:
> Thought Linuxers may want to let out a "boo" for Samsung.
>
> When we got the SCX 4521F Multifunction printer/fax/scanner there was a
> Linux driver on CD. Didn't work. But one off the Samsung site did (thanks to
> Dmitri and Nataliya Korovkin's help). But now the Samsung site has not Linux
> files.

Would this be a good time to ask the list for recommendations for a
Linux-friendly printer?  I need a colour one for home use - and I'd
prefer to be able to get white-label cartridge refill/replacements
rather than pay the insane cost of the official ones.

I've found it to be a time-consuming effort to search such
characteristics in google and the mrs is getting impatient.

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine