Re: [OCLUG-Tech] October 1 Virtualization Forum

I have some experience with virtualization (VMware and VirtualBox). I like the panel idea, since I don't feel my knowledge in this area is necessarily comprehensive enough to speak about it on my own, but with others there to contribute and fill in the gaps I think I could help out. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Cheers,
Lisa

Prof. John C Nash wrote:
Our October meeting is a forum / panel on virtualization.

Roland Renaud has been called away until 26 Sept, and I have to be away 24 Sep - Oct 13 (will miss meeting that I REALLY wanted to attend), but I'd like to have arrangements more or less set so whoever MC's the meeting can focus on that and not wondering if he/she has content.

I think one or two people had mentioned to Roland that they'd be willing to give a few minutes overview of their use or activity with virtualization, and respond to other speakers and the audience, much as our June panel on distros that was a great success. Can they respond on this list so I and others who will set up the forum can do the appropriate organization?

Many thanks.

JN

PS. Sept 13 we had an interesting and successful Back to School with Linux, with many more "customers" than in April. This showed up several opportunities for further progress, which likely will be part of the Nov. meeting discussion.