Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Intel 82573 NIC

Milan Budimirovic wrote:
: > And which firmware revision?  It looks like they've had a few problematic
: > releases; might be worth updating to the latest one.
:
: It's v1.06, and none of the BIOS updates since then  appear to address
: broken networking of this type.
:
: I'm not that keen on updating the BIOS  unless it's absolutely necessary

Though I can't specifically comment on whether a BIOS update will help,
blowing a BIOS upgrade shouldn't really hurt you.  Most Tyan boards come
with removable BIOS chips, and you can always obtain a new one.

To work around the issue I've got with the board I just ordered, I've had to
purchase a new chip from biosman.com (recommended by Tyan).  It's about $35
for the chip, with shipping.

: Anyway, I was more interested in finding out if anyone else had issues
: with this controller.

Then I won't continue down the troubleshooting path.