[OCLUG-Tech] Intel 82573 NIC

Has anyone else had trouble with this particular ethernet controller?

I managed to get it working (sort of) on Ubuntu 9.04, but it took a bit of work. The device driver does not work out of the box on the install CD. Once you upgrade the kernel it works with DHCP, but not if you try to assign it a static IP address (figure that one out). I managed to work around the problem by using DHCP and assigning a static IP to the controller's MAC address on the DHCP server. :P

I'm a little cheesed right now because (a) Tyan put cheapoid ethernet controllers on an otherwise excellent mainboard, and (b) the driver seems to work on some versions of the kernel and not others.