[OCLUG-Tech] Recommendations for big external disk?

Hello there,

I am in the market for a largish ( >= 1T ) external drive which plays nicely with linux. I am guessing it will be USB 2.0 but I wouldn't rule out network attached storage if the price/performance were attractive. If it is USB, I would likely reformat ext3 or similar. I would be using it a the core file server for my home network, including my media library.

Any recommendations and reports of experiences, postive or negative, either to me directly or to the list, would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Michael