Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: photo captioning

John,

I've never used it, although I really should :)

jhead supports the following options:

  -dc        Delete comment field (as left by progs like Photoshop & Compupic)
  -ce        Edit comment field.  Uses environment variable 'editor' to
             determine which editor to use.  If editor not set, uses VI
             under Unix and notepad with windows
  -cs <name> Save comment section to a file
  -ci <name> Insert comment section from a file.  -cs and -ci use same naming
             scheme as used by the -st option
  -cl string Insert literal comment string

so in theory jhead -cl "this is my string" should work.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/