[OCLUG-Tech] Re: photo captioning

As follow up to some of the OCLUG presentations on photos, I'm wondering what folk use to add captions to their files.

I should caution that F-spot and GQ-view seem to keep the captions in separate areas -- and then they'll be lost when files are moved around. I'm talking about the JPG, PNG and GIF comment-type fields. I've done some small experiments. GIMP "works" but is a bit heavy for quick adding of captions. gimv seems not to use the right label for the comment, but has the right sort of lightweight interface.

Cheers, JN