Re: [OCLUG-Tech] colour laser printer: any recommendations

On Saturday 25 April 2009 7:28:59 pm Dan Langille wrote:
> Giday,
>
> I'll be buying a colour laser printer soon.  Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks

I really depends on what you what from your printer.  I bought a month ago, a
Samsung CLP-315W wireless printer.  Works well under linux.  It is going
retail $303.  It is not a multi-function.  I looked at those and you had to
add at least $200 to the base colour laser price for the multi-function
options.   Oh and they are a lot bigger.

Though the review below is not that great. I don't have much of a problem with
the printer.  Printing quality in Linux has always been somewhat spotting and
I find for my purposes this printer to had adequate quality for the price I
paid.

Colour cart. do about 1000 pages. and the black 1500 pages.  If you find a
better printer for the price let me know.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laser-printers/samsung-clp-315w/4505-3159_7-33226537.html

--
Bruce Harding, Member: IEEE, SPIE, IACR
Manager,