Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux help request

David,

A quick google produced this:

Make a backup copy of your xorg.conf. Then, in the Display section, try
removing all modes except "1440x900". This will force X to start with the
right resolution. After editing xorg.conf don't run dpkg-reconfigure because
it could revert to a wrong xorg.conf.
To restart X, just hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. If you're stuck in console mode,
type "startx". If it fails, revert to the previous backed-up xorg.conf

All that it required was this in google: "1440x900 ati 9600 xorg config"

I'm sure go google for the answer before you posted here, it requires the
right search terms to get the answer.  Some help search tips for google.
"+" before a search time will get you answers with that term within N number
or terms.  "-" will eliminate that term form your search results.  Lastly " "
will get you whatever is within the quotes.