[OCLUG-Tech] Re: Perl Sys::Info for extended system information

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Perl Sys::Info for extended system information
  • From: John C Nash <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:53:31 -0400
Following Dave O'Neill's suggestion, I tried this out. It seems to "sort of" work, but I was not happy that the suggested examples gave rather less information than they implied e.g., the 'available' option of the device information call returned a zero length
array for my machine.

What I really need is something that returns the desired information for all platforms from within the R language. There are some functions already there. I may end up
extending them (likely in C).

Thanks to all.

JN