Re: [OCLUG-Tech] silly DNS question? http://www.adox.de/

Stephen Gregory wrote:
: > There's definitely something weird going on in their zone, and it's
: > been too
: > long since I've worked with DNS intimately, so I can't quite put my
: > finger
: > on the error.
:
: It has something to do with the AAAA record (IPv6 DNS). The server
: should respond with "no record and no error." Instead it replies with
: "server fail." This seems to confuse the DNS resolver even though it
: received an A record.

Thanks, Stephen!  That makes perfect sense.

: I would love to see the zone file. It is hard to imagine how messed up
: it is.

It might be worth an e-mail to hostmaster@ to ask to see it.  Then again,
given their DNS situation, who knows if it will make it there...  ;)

  - Damian