[OCLUG-Tech] Re: [OTT-GOSLING] Kubuntu appt update question.

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: [OTT-GOSLING] Kubuntu appt update question.
  • From: "C. Meloche - Centre de Recherche en Logiciel Libre" <crm [ at ] credil [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:33:41 -0000
That mirror has been very slow for months now. I suggest switching to an
other one. Even the us mirror seems to do better. However the best
results we got is from gulus.usherbrooke.ca  ( Sherbrooke University )

To switch:

cd /etc
sudo  cat sources.list | sed
s/ca.archive.ubuntu.com/gulus.usherbrooke.ca/g > newlist
sudo cat  sources.list > sources.list.bak
sudo cat newlist > sources.list
sudo apt-get update

Chris

--
CREDIL Logo

Christian R. Meloche
crm [ at ] credil [ dot ] org
+1 613 693 0684  #3201
F3018 - 283 Alexandre Taché
Gatineau (QC) J9A 1L8 CANADA
Sustainable Innovation // Innovation Durable