[OCLUG-Tech] Kubuntu appt update question.

I have recently started to configure a new laptop with Kubuntu 8.10

I have been going slow, asking for a coupple of packeges a day, and it
seems to keep trying to get them for me from ca.archve.ubuntu.com/

The only problem is that it has been downloading at a rate of about
2kbs.   this afternoon I started to get a 80 meg combination (asking for
one packge alutomaticaly pulls in in a lot of dependancies.) which is
still only about 1/3 of the way through. and three packages so far
showed as "error", I don't know if it will ignore them or try later.

IS there a way to get it to try more than one archive site?  How? am I
misisng somthing?

At this rate it will take mea month or more to get my wife's new
computer into service.

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca        Just Beyond the Fringe