Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Kubuntu appt update question.

ubuntu being based on debian, perhaps there is a way to get
most of the packages from a CD or DVD?  Something like adding
a CD source to your /etc/apt/sources.list?

If I remember clearly, you can put the CD in the CD drive and
give the command

    apt-cdrom

this will put an entry like:

    deb cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r0 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-6 (20020718)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

in your sources.list (the above is a debian example but shows
the syntax of the entry)

OCLUG has some ubuntu CDs - if that method will work I can give
you one.  It is a single CD (as opposed to the Debian releases
which were more comprehensive and filled many CDs).

When I had a dial-up connection, I ordered Linux CD's (full Debian
releases with sources) from ComputerHelperGuy (Proof Positive
Productions).  Not sure if he's still into that or if he would
do it for Ubuntu.

bjb