[OCLUG-Tech] Re: OCLUG December meeting - Linux and photography - moved to January

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: OCLUG December meeting - Linux and photography - moved to January
  • From: R RENAUD <rjrenaud [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:03:57 -0800 (PST)
yanick [ at ] babyl [ dot ] dyndns [ dot ] org writes:
| On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:06:33AM -0800, R RENAUD wrote:
| > I've received encouraging feedback about this topic and 3 people have
| > volunteered to be "experts".
| > I was hoping for 3 - 5 experts so let me know if you are interested.
|
|     Calling me an "expert" would be stretching the meaning
| of the word to its very limit (and then some), but I am a regular
| user of Digikam.  If anyone's interested, I can give a tour of the
| application -- and I can also give a "behind the scene" version
| showcasing the Perl backend I'm using to link my Digikam
| pictures/comments/tags with Flickr's.
|
| Joy,
| `/anick

That sounds good.  Thanks for volunteering.

In true computer fashion, I get to define what an "expert" is, and I
defined it as:
  "someone willing to talk about some aspect of photography that they
  think might be interesting to the group"

  reference:
      http://oclug.on.ca/archives/linux/2008-November/001979.html

I don't think the intention is to turn us all into digital photography
pros; just to inform us of what's available and how we can use some of
the programs.

thanks
roland

Note: In looking up this reference, I see that I should have been
      using the oclug-events list for this discussion.
      As the last person to post to that list, I should know better.
      Therefore, I've sent it to the "oclug-events" list with a cc to
      the "linux" list.
      I hope that fixes more than it breaks.
      roland