[OCLUG-Tech] SpeedTouch and Cacti

I spent a few hours this week, and I successfully have cacti graphing all
kinds of information about my SpeedTouch 516v6:

- standard MIB-II information
	- ingress/egress traffic per interface
	- errors and discards per interface
	- pulled via SNMP (obviously)
- DSL line statistics
	- SNR margin
	- attenuation
	- line power
	- errors (CRC, FEC, HEC)
	- available bandwidth (provisioned and maximum)
	- grabbed via a Perl script I didn't write

The only thing not working properly is the bandwidth, and I have yet to
really figure out why.  That's a project for this weekend.

Is anyone else interested in these templates?  I can easily make a package
comprised of the templates and the single script, if there's any interest.

  - Damian

message navigation