[OCLUG-Tech] Re: Can anyone save this drive?

Further information based on the helpful responses:

- Yes, the drive is spinning.  FWIW, it sounds normal too.

- There were no discs, floppies, or usb drives connected

- I have disconnected and reconnected the drive...no dice.  It's now
been installed in an external case (it came from an HTPC, which I
wanted to get back up and running for the end of the World Series last
night), which is where the log errors came from.

- I did not do anything to press the bios to look for the drive - it
just wasn't listed.

Things don't sound promising, I guess.

Cheers.