Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Can anyone save this drive?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 08:30:54PM -0500, Charles MacDonald wrote:
> C.T. Paterson wrote:
>
> > Upon resumption of power, when I booted up my machine, it did not
> > boot...and some experimentation narrowed suspicion down to the hard
> > drive.
> >
> > Any advice or commiseration is welcome.
>
> Is the drive actually spinning?  I have heard of drives that have run
> for years, and then won't spin up after being powered down. mechanical
> problems.

I've had more than one of these that needed a sudden rotation in the axis of
rotation while powering up to unstick it.  I'd warn people not to do this at
home, but this is usually where I do it...

> Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!