Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian, amd64 & AHCI issues?

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 09:52:18AM -0400, Spencer Cheng wrote:
> I am trying to convert a machine at work from a stock Debian 486 kernel to
> a stock amd64 kernel so we can actually use more than 1GB of memory and I
> am running into problems with the SATA link not coming up (and therefore no
> HD).

Have you tried the linux-image-2.6-686 kernel? I have had to use that
on buggy hardware. If you have more then 4GB ram use the
linux-image-2.6-686-bigmem package.

Have you flashed to board to the most recent bios?

> The motherboard is an ASUS M2A-VM which has the ATI SB-600 chips.

5 years ago Asus had a reputation of good quality, but the handfull of
Asus boards I have worked with the the last 2 years have been nothing
but trouble.

--
sg