Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Setting up a mail server questions!

On Mar 24, 2008, at 11:20, Jila Zakizadeh wrote:
I am going to set up a Linux Debian computer to work as a Mail server. I am looking for guidance and the latest software available for Debian systems. Would somebody introduce me any documentation or a good book for this matter? Any idea on what software for MTA, MDA, ... I could choose is highly appreciated.

Courier Imap is not very fast on big IMAP mailboxes. Debian defaults to something else which is suppose to be much faster (dovecote?).

I use qmail+Courier Imap+ Spamassassin+ procmail but my mail server is mainly for my own use (a few thousand emails per day and 1/2 of that is SPAM) so YMMV. )

Regards,
Spencer