Re: [OCLUG-Tech] iSCSI target daemons

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 08:12:38 -0500, Allan Fields wrote:
> So far fixing the SELinux rules doesn't seem to do the trick, even though
> audit2allow returned some rules.  As recommended in the manpage you can
> then compile these rules to a new policy (in the case the existing policy
> is not functioning properly).
>
> # cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | grep iscsi |  audit2allow -m local >
> local.te
> # checkmodule -M -m -o local.mod local.te
> # semodule_package -o local.pp -m local.mod
> # semodule -i local.pp
>
> netstat -nlt|grep 3260
> << no results >>

I'm not sure this resolves anything (unless you're running in Permissive
mode in which case your problem is not selinux).  For one thing I often
can't fix selinux issues in one pass like that.  E.g. opening up
permission for a "getattr" may simply lead to failure of a subsequent
"write".

Also while your "grep iscsi" probably isolates the iscsid_t domain, IMO
it's kind of flying blind.  Even for a quick and dirty solution I think
it's a good idea to take a look at the rules, including what hasn't been
resolved after a first (or second or ...) pass.  But I'm not saying you
need to wade through the full audit2allow output from audit.log*.  E.g.
if you have X and the setroubleshoot-* packages installed, you might want
to see what the gui client (sealert -b) says, in real time.  Without X
perhaps sealert -a would be useful.

>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 16:53:14 -0500, Allan Fields wrote:
>>> One thing to note is the iscsid requires SELinux rules to be enabled.

But perhaps running temporarily in Permissive mode (setenforce 0) would
help isolate the problem.

Joe