Re: [Bulk] Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Need advice from kernel hackers !

Sorry Bart;

I know the difference between Bart and Brad, I apologize especially
considering all the help you have given me.

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 16:43 -0500, William Case wrote:
[snip]

> > If you have a modern CPU, you should get a kernel that supports KVM and
> > run another distro inside a virtual machine.  You can then hack up the
> > virtualized kernel and not worry about breaking things.

> Ah! That's what I want.  My cpu is an AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual-Core.
> >
> > See http://kvm.qumranet.com/ for more info.  Feel free to ask if you
> > want some help on KVM.
>
> I may need help to get started.  Since I don't need a new partition, my
> project for today and tomorrow is to get F8 installed, updates
> downloaded and my desktop rearranged.  I will add git and kvm.  Do you
> have other tools to recommend for downloading while I am at it?

Kinda of stupid comment on my part.  Fedora 8 _64 doesn't seem to have a
special kernel for supporting virtualization and people on the Fedora
mailing list are discussing virtual kernels all the time. I will start
with assuming that no special flavour of the kernel is necessary.  There
are vm programs that people seem to be using.

[snip]

--
Regards Bill