-----Original Message-----
From: linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
[mailto:linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca] On Behalf Of Chris H
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:34 AM
To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] MTA

Greets:

Im running postfix on as my MTA on opensuse10.3. As my ISP is rogers and
mail
server is magma it is required by magma that smtp is on port 587 and
authorized with no encryption. This system has worked fine as I use Kontact
with its own settings.

I now want to setup postfix to send mail out from my home system to magma on

port 587 as I would like to use some other apps the require a send mail
function.

Was wondering if anyone can provide either a URL to an instruction or advise

on the correct statements to be included in the main.cf file as I dont like
to screw with mail systems as they can easily cause far to many problems.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

/ch