Re: [OCLUG-Tech] mini-ITX retailer?

I have a number of VIA EPIA mini-ITX systems I use for Kiosks under
Gentoo Linux. You're pretty well on your own determining what parts you
need to build them, but you need so little, it's not hard. The board,
RAM, and HDD and that's it. I have noticed they can be power supply
sensitive, though. The board uses so little power, you sometimes need to
add a power-hungry drive to the system to get it to boot. The most luck
I had are units with external power bricks rather than internal
transformers.

Quite a few local retailers don't deal with the VIA EPIA's since I have
heard some complaints about the local EPIA distributor and some
retailers refuse to deal with them. Online retails are probably easier
to deal with when it comes to mini-ITX. http://www.koonline-inc.com
seems to have good selection and fair prices in Canada.

Peter