[OCLUG-Tech] Espial Layoffs

Hi, guys,

OK, this is embarassing.

I show up at the meeting last week, with little leather pouch thingies, and advertise my company, and two guys even send me resumes, and now the company dumps 30% of the staff, including me.

(takes deep breath after spewing all that in a single sentence)

So I hope you guys really like the pouch thingies, cause that's about all the good that came of that. I still think that Espial is going places, but now that I'm not on board, I don't care as much.

Job search summary: yep, I'm searching.

Work I like and have experience at:

- Software config management,

- build systems,

- scripting,

- automation,

- preference to Linux but I'm so good I can even write scripts on Other Operating Systems.

"Applicable Acronyms" listed at my blog on this page:

http://talksoftware.echlin.ca/node/20

Results so far:
One phone call from a recruiter the day of the event -  and he claims it was a coincidence.
One possibility from each of two recruiters so far, and they have promised me interviews next week maybe.

So anyway, see you guys around.
Rob

--

Rob Echlin, B. Eng.