Re: RESTATED question Re: [OCLUG-Tech] producing distributable files from Graphic material. old schematic diagrams.

  • Subject: Re: RESTATED question Re: [OCLUG-Tech] producing distributable files from Graphic material. old schematic diagrams.
  • From: Stephen Gregory <oclug [ at ] kernelpanic [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:20:46 -0500
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 09:04:22PM -0500, Charles MacDonald wrote:

> http://web.ncf.ca/aa508/snipofAK305ZPS.gif   (2.8MB)

I converted that image to a jpeg and resized it to 25% of the original
and I find it more then adequate. You can still see the grain of the
paper. The filesize is 5% of the original. I suggest that scanning at
300dpi and storing the image as a greyscale JPEG would be your best
bet. I can't see what would be wrong if the schematics were stored
this way.

To convert and resize I use the imagemagick package with the command:

convert foo.gif -resize 25% foo.jpg

--
sg