[OCLUG-Tech] producing distributable files from Graphic material. old schematic diagrams.

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] producing distributable files from Graphic material. old schematic diagrams.
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] telecomottawa [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:11:58 -0500
I have collected a bunch of old scehmatic diagrams for varous old
radios.  most were cut out of magazines back in the 1930 era.  The
drawing were probaly originaly donw on 11X17 Paper, abd were reprinted
as a half page 6*8 1/2 inches.

If I were to make a paper copy on an analog Photocopier I would probaly
do a 50% enlargemnet to make an 81/2 by 11 Copy.

Since tha paper is now 70 years old, I am getting a slight felling that
they will want to fall appart if handled much more.

I don't have any of the radios myself, but I would like to offer them to
folks who mught have one of the models and be trying to restore it.

What I would Like to do is to scan then on my EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX500
which is supported by SANE, and produce a .PDF file, or something
simalar that can print without re-scaling the image.  If the scan is
resampled, the anti-aliasing will produce enough confusion taht one will
no longer be able to read the parts values, which on the paper copies
are shown in type that is perhaps 1.5 MM high.

Noturaly I would like ot use nothing but free software, and I would like
the person who is wanting to actually use the files to be able too view
and print them without having to downlaod anything and not be encumbered
by having to use any particular operating system.

Anyone who can suggest where I should start?

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe