Re: [OCLUG-Tech] scanning schematyics.

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 05:12:04PM -0500, Charles MacDonald wrote:
> Eric Brackenbury wrote:
>

> > Hi Charles
> > It would be much better to use a scanner like the Epson 4490 if you can.
>
> THe Epson I have does make a scan, at 1200 DPI.  what would the newer
> one buy me?

Have you really cranked xsane's scanning resolution up to 1200 DPI?  For
miscellaneous scanning of text documents and receipts I usually use <
300 dpi.

I'd be shocked if 1200 didn't give crystal clear scans of even the
tiniest text.  xsane does not scan at the highest resolution by default,
it just picks something sane like 150 or 300.

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE