RE: [OCLUG-Tech] Feisty Wireless Problems (Intel 3945ABG)

> eth1      unassociated  ESSID:"Wireless1"
>           Mode:Managed  Frequency=2.412 GHz  Access Point:
> 00:16:C8:66:7D:50
>           Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power:16 dBm
>           Retry limit:15   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Power Management:off
>           Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
>           Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:378  Rx invalid frag:0
>           Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:201   Missed beacon:0
>

> Googling has yielded little except to tell me many suffer the same
> problem, and many have no issues at all.  Does anyone here have any
> wisdom to impart?

I fought a similar battle to get the onboard WLAN working on my laptop.
One step that eased my troubles was to disable WEP on my home WAP until
I got things working in the clear. If I remember correctly, any problems
with WEP will result in an Rx level of 0, which can be quite misleading
if you interpret it as no RF signal being detected.

MikeR.