Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [Fwd: CIPPIC seeking PT webmaster]

Ian Ward wrote:
*CIPPIC Webmaster - Request for Proposals*

CIPPIC is seeking a part-time webmaster to take care of its website,
www.cippic.ca <http://www.cippic.ca/> .

_Time Commitment:_  After initial set-up work and familiarization with
our Content Management System, we expect that this job will require no
more than 2-3 hours per week.

_Skills_:  This person should be familiar with HTML, CSS, CMSMS, PHP,
MYSQL, UNIX shell, and content management systems generally.

_Tasks:_

- regularly (as often as possible) watch error logs for issues and
resolve them. The error logs show problems that users have encountered
on the site, for example missing files, or restricted access.

- assist CIPPIC staff as needed with website management issues
(technical, training related etc)

- automate web statistics (analyzer/webalizer) and provide to management
with recommendations for improvement

- conduct regular automated checks for broken links and W3 compliance

- review search engine optimization (SEO) and make recommendations

- monitor new releases of installed software and determine if upgrade is
recommended (if so; propose, get approval, upgrade)

- for any web design changes, work with designer(s) to optimize transition

- audit changes and access to front end as well as back end

- document all processes for the next webmaster

_Term_:  One year minimum

_Compensation_:  We are seeking someone who believes in CIPPIC's work
and is therefore willing to assist on a volunteer basis or at reduced
rates.  Maximum hourly rate that we will consider is $25/hour.

Please submit proposals, along with resumé and references, to Philippa
Lawson, Director, CIPPIC, plawson [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca
<mailto:plawson [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>  by August 20^th .