Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Need quick advice re:new MoBo, CPU and RAM

Bruce Harding wrote:
> The AMD cpu is a
> good chip and the salesperson is right about the extra price for the Intel
> and there is no appreciable benefit for the extra money spent.

My last three systems were AMD chips.

That is probaly what I would get next time.  This box is a bit slow for
Multimedia, it has a AMD 1800+  My former systems were K6-2-500 and a K6
-300 if I recall, (hate to change for change sake)

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe