[OCLUG-Tech] Confused re path usage??

Hi;

I am trying to sort out why the following doesn't work.  I think it
should.

TUX DocumentRoot = /var/www/ = DR
CASE DocumentRoot = /var/www/html =DR ;the html directory was added by
apache install

TUX web repository = DR/index.php
		   /includes/header-oclug.html
		   /program_olympics/pics_olympics_07/images.php
images.php header "include .././includes/header-oclug.html"
Produces an error "No such file or directory
in /var/www/program_olympics/pics_olympics_07/images.php on line 3"

CASE web repository = DR/index.php
		   /includes/header-oclug.html
		   /program_olympics/pics_olympics_07/images.php
images.php header "include .././includes/header-oclug.html"
No error

Main question; relatively, aren't they the same?
I have double checked the path structure on both CASE and TUX and I have
experimented with different numbers of /../ just to be sure.  Nothing
works.

--
Regards Bill