Re: [OCLUG-Tech] http://localhost:8080/seaside

On May 17, 2007, at 7:22 AM, Ralph Boland wrote:

The project I am working has set up a internet site at:

       http://localhost:8080/seaside

That I can link to with my browser.

Is there a way that I can cd to that location
and see what is there?

I know that in some cases the subdirectories/files
of seaside seen by the browser don't really
exist but I don't have a clear picture as to what
things exists as directories/files and what things don't.

Can I go to  http://localhost:8080/seaside  and add new html files
that firefox can then see?

The default location of these files can be different depending on what version of Apache and what distro you're using. Try looking at http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Info/DistrosDefaultLayout - you're interested in the 'DocumentRoot' directives.

You can also get the current DocumentRoot settings from the Apache config files - again the location and names of these files can be different depending on what version of Apache and what distro you're using...

Fred